Thursday, September 13, 2012

Alice in Wonderland Styled Shoot with AKA Photography and Misred Outfitters

   Theme parties are kind of my thing, pretty much whenever I can find an excuse its time to go all out.  I've put together a couple of rockstar karaoke parties, and my more recent birthdays may have been Mad Men or Disney themed.  I just love getting to focus on an idea and transform things into something so fun and different from the every day.  Being the Pinterest junkie that so many of us are lately, I was seeing way too many fun ideas to not do an Alice in Wonderland themed shoot. Lucky for me Kristen at AKA Photographs shared my enthusiasm and not only agreed to shoot the spectacular, but she went as far as to fashion the headband and sew the skirt for our Alice! Some of the other costume pieces (listed below) were graciously provided by an amazing 60's and 70's vintage shop called Misred Outfitters, located in downtown St Pete.  
   The other element of this shoot that makes it so special to me is that both of my grandmothers will be proud of it.  My mom's mother gave my sisters and I each a full Royal Albert tea set over the years, we've mixed and matched the sets here to get that kooky, Mad Hatter vibe.  My dad's mom frequently sends me baking supplies, most recently a cake pop pan and accessories, enabling me to make some pretty adorable (and delicious) cake pops.
   Hoping you all enjoy the photos as much as we loved putting the shoot together (and admittedly eating the yummy snacks during and after)! 





















   We were so proud of this shoot we just had to submit it for publishing and were thrilled when it was picked up by Fab You Bliss and was launched into the blog viewing world on Labor Day!




Pieces from and available at Misred Outfitters
Alice
   Necklace
Queen of Hearts -
   Necklace
   Dress
Ladies Lunching
   Turquoise rose dress


No comments:

Post a Comment