Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Open House

   I've always loved organizing holiday get togethers! In the past however, we've called them "Santa Stumble" and they've definitely lived up to the name. Serious antics! This year we were going to have the in laws, both of my parents and my little brothers so we decided to tone it down (a little) and have a Christmas party at our place! It was lovely! Friends, family and good food!


    We made a variety of cookies and other sweets! Most of them were found on Pinterest, of course! A few of them are pictured here, Grinch Cookies, Shortbread Snackers and Melty Snowmen! There was plenty of other food, some we made and some our wonderful friends and fam brought along! Delish!





                                       
Gingerbread House my sister in law and I made the night before!

Mashed potatoes and toppings for some substance

   The hot cocoa bar was a definite success! Homemade cocoa (recipe here) with lots of options! Peppermint schnapps, Irish cream, coffee liquor, candy canes, chocolate shavings, frozen whipped cream, piroulines, and obviously marshmallows! 



For drinks that don't sit well premade, I usually print or write out the recipe and set it with the ingredients so guests can go ahead and whip up their own rather than having someone play bartender all evening. This was the case with our Gingerbread Martinis. Yum! 




   Christmas Crangria was my own little invention and was delish if I do say so myself!


    It was a wonderful night with our favorite people and we're feeling particularly lucky this holiday season! Wishing you and yours the merriest of Christmases and a fantastic New Year!

Printables from Printabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment